Product Owner (Paramus, NJ)
Product Owner Job Description
Coach USA is one of the largest transportation companies in North America, operating more than 2,400 motorcoaches and employing more than 5,000 people. We provide city-to-city, local and inter-city transportation services for communities throughout the US and Canada. Coach USA owns several bus carriers in North America operating scheduled bus routes, long-distance buses, airport shuttles, motorcoach tours, charters, and city sightseeing tours.
Coach USA developed solutions in ticketing, tracking, customer service, revenue management, scheduling, resource optimization, business insights and operational controls. It is time to bring in others to ensure travelers have the best and most seamless means to discover, plan and enjoy their commuter, leisure, or shuttle experience.
Coach USA is seeking a Product Owner to join its rapidly expanding retail organization. The product owner will be responsible for the product's vision, strategy, roadmap and working with the organisation to execute on this. The Coach USA product owner will manage a team with a mix of internal and external resources, supporting them to deliver the value.
In return, you will join our energetic team that values itself on ownership of our products and technologies. In addition, we will invest in your future growth, ensuring you have ample opportunities to refine skills and technology awareness to ensure you are continually growing as an individual.
Core Job Responsibilities include:
Owning the Product Vision & Roadmap:
- Generates and owns the Product Vision and Strategy for the brand, working with the business and key stakeholders to gain input
- Gathers requirements from data, stakeholders, business goals and customer needs to create the Product Roadmap
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and customers across the organization to socialize the product vision, strategy, features, and priorities
- Understands the end to end customer journey from first interaction to visiting the site to purchasing tickets and creates a roadmap that generates value at every touch point
- Works closely with UX / has their own UX skillset to create optimal solutions for the end user
- Coordinates delivery of the roadmap and any dependencies with stakeholders to ensure features are launched on time
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements, including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria
- Collaborates with the team to create and implement feature requirements to a high standard
- Maintains sprint backlog, working closely with the technical lead to ensure effective delivery of this
- Continuously works within the team to make trade-off decisions on how best to release a feature, focussing on quality and timely delivery
- Understands and works with a variety of modern agile principles, and is comfortable leading these with the team
- Knows the principles & how to work with the team on continuous improvement
- Has strong knowledge of SEO, PPC and social platforms, and how these strategies tie into Product to ensure that we’re maximising our whole customer experience
- Possesses a high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, and understanding of agile principles
- Understands CoachUSA customers and their behaviours from continuously reviewing research, data and customer feedback
- Uses this insight to inform and influence plans and development around KPIs, roadmaps and features
- Uses these insights to ensure the backlog and roadmap will contribute towards the Product KPIs in the most effective way
- Can effectively use GA to gather their own insight
- Works to ensure that all product deliverables have a clear line of sight to business value and are prioritized to deliver maximum commercial benefit from development time
- Can assess the benefits of deliverables post-launch and use this insight to continue to shape the direction of the products
- Understands KPI performance on a regular basis and tweak any plans in the roadmap and backlog in conjunction with the Product Lead to effectively meet objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, business or related scientific discipline
- 2 years + product management experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment focused on short delivery timescales
- Project / Product Management experience or exposure, creating and maintaining a project plan
- Experience of working with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Customer-first thinking mindset
- Leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and coach others
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to truly own a problem
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required
- Proactive self-starter with strong skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Flexible approach and an ability to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a "can do" attitude
- Exceptionally well organized with a capacity to handle and digest large amounts of information from a variety of sources
To learn more about your next big career change! APPLY NOW! Please upload your resume.
Coach USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.